Recently a friend of mine went through a crisisÂ and I desperately wanted to do whatever I could to help her, and her family, in this difficult time for them.
So I asked my Facebook community for some great meal ideas. Ones that are easy to prepare, freeze, reheat etc, generally good to give to people when cooking is the last thing they need to, or want to, think about.
While I kinda hope you don’t need them for the same reason, it is a really great resource for when you do. Or for meal ideas to keep in the freezer for nights you don’t feel like cooking either!
Here are some of the fabulous suggestions and some recipes too…
- Muesli Bars
- CarrotÂ Cake
- Bliss Balls
- Zucchini Slice
- Smoothies Bags (put all ingredients for a smoothie into ziplock bags)
- Dips like this Hummus
- Chia Pudding
- Cooked Quinoa. Â Check out these delicious ways to have quinoa for breakfast
- Ready To Bake Biscuit Dough
- Marinated Chicken Thigh Skewers – perhaps 2tbls tamari, 2tbls honey, 2 tbls olive oil
- Roasted Vege Lasagne
- Pasta Bake
- Chilli Con Carne
- Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
- Green Curry
- Beef Stroganoff
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Casseroles – this is one of my faves
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Burger Patties
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Oven Cooked Pumpkin Risotto
- Barley Mushroom Risotto
- Pasta Sauce
- Mason Jar Salads
- Chicken SchnitzelsÂ
And one non-recipe related tip was to use disposable containers as it can be hard to remember whose was whose to return good ones.
And if you really want to help then download the HELP ME HELP YOU app made by my gorgeous friend. Â It’s free!
Share more of your ideas in the comments below, let’s keep this list growing…